About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

An 'Artist of Life'

Reprinted from Jewels of Elul VIII, Art of Aging Questions.
http://www.letmypeoplesing.com/jewels/?page_id=61

 How do you live your life as an art? 
 How does this make a difference as you age?  
 Name 3 ways in which you see your life as art, not science. 

I am an 'Artist of Life

~  Joy Krauthammer

1.  
My life as art comes from my heART. 
It beats as a drum 
and it is open 
and flows in abunDance.  
It is open to you.  
It is open to Oneness.   

2. 
The Kavannah/intention of my ART I live is uplifting and inspiring, authentic, truthful and joyous.  

ART does not hide; my art shares emotion, feelings, thoughts, beliefs, newness, oldness, nowness and Tiferet/beauty.  

I am pro-active in the creative role of writing, story-telling, sculpting, weaving, carving, potting, painting, planting, singing, dancing, drumming and photographing life.  
My art of life is a train track that travels as a Gemini in many directions, not direct on my journey,  
(and I hope, higher and higher)  
 and picking up passengers along the Tree of Life, my path.  

My Chesed/loving-kindness, sharing, giving, receiving, and Netzach/forward direction is felt and can not be measured (as is "science").  
I instinctively and intuitively know I ARTfully make a difference through my heART.  

ARTfully and heARTfully I am dedicated to being Joy.  
I will arrive at the Gate of Heaven and it shall be known that I was Joy, and not Zusha, nor you.  
Artfully I passionately and purpley infuse my life with love, vitality and joy and fairness.  
If on a measured balance scale, my artist of life being would tip toward Spirit, not science.  
(nor accomplished chores)  

ARTfully I am grateful to be alive in 4 Worlds of spirit, mind, heart and body.   

3. 
 Artfully and heARTfully I am grateful for many of the challenges and opportunities  in my life.  
In others, I try to discover and reveal the hidden blesSings.  
If science directed, I would lead in anxiety, not hope and faith.  
I would count my tears of grief, not warmth of joy.  

As I age, when I look back being an 'artist of life', 
I am happily surprised at where I've been, what I've done, how I've done, and with whom, and at what times. 
I have some regrets. 
I offer Brachot/blesSings. I teach how to give blesSings.
As I age, I recognize my mentors, and the transformation 
as I honor the years from mid-life to elder and sage as I become wisdom keeper and mentor. 
In ceremony and empowerment, I celebrated my baby-boomer Simchat Chochmah ~ Joy of Wisdom.

When I was a teen, aside from competitive scored sports where I was 'captain', I had no measurable skills, talents, degrees, but I had a natural innate joyous way of being, a smile and kindness-- I am told 50 years later by people who knew me then, closely or from the distance. 
 I still smile joyously because I am connected to G*D and community, and embrace the sacred in my life.  
As I age, I am more aware of this relationship to the Holy One
and Serving G*d in Joy. 
G*d loves me. I love G*d.

May G*d bless you.
~

 Heart Art 
Joy Krauthammer ©

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI,
I look forward to hearing from you, and welcome your comments.
BlesSings for health and joy,
JOY