About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

HEALING with Joy

----- Original Message -----
From: JOY
To: chazon4@
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 5:22 AM
Subject: HEALING with Joy

Dear Reb Yosef,

I tried to remember what could have precipitated my writing Joy As Healer in Nov. 3, 1994.
That year, 1994, I got my MBA. Got accepted to rabbinic school--couldn't go--that was a loss (Marcel, z'l was sick). Had a major E. quake shaking Northridge, trauma putting me into massive stress symptoms--living in my car. Spent summer away in delight in Jewish adult camps (Elat Chayyim, National Havurah Institute, Omega Institute) for six weeks, being with the best teachers and new friends (to this day). 
Not too many days earlier, my dearest rebbe, Shlomo Carlebach, z'l, had suddenly died, and left many bereft. I was called on to heal, while in my own deep sorrow.

And I now added a quick, 2007 PS.

One love, shalom and abundant blesSings of harmony, wholeness, health and joy to you,
Joy
"Serve G*d With Joy"
PS Added more PSes found on original .docx files. Deleted here on site.


JOY AS HEALER
- Joy Krauthammer   


I heal by acknowledging and feeling my joy.
I heal with G*d’s energy, feeling the Love.
I heal with Shechinah's nighttime embrace. 
I heal with my spirituality. I heal with prayer.
I heal by studying and sharing Torah and wisdom of my teachers.
I heal by returning, teshuvah to me; what I am, to who I am, to where I am– my soul's land.
I heal by returning to what I love & aliveness.
I heal with my passion, heart and hands.
I heal with breath, deeply and slowly.
I heal with mikveh's water, with renewal.
I heal by swimming and by floating.
I heal with time, and with tears.
I heal with guidance, friendship.
I heal with space.
I heal with silence, with meditation.
I heal with sound; crystal and Tibetan singing bowls, bells, gongs & chimes.
I heal by playing my ribboned timbrel & drum.
I heal with song; Gentle niggun and ecstatic.
I heal with my dancing.
I heal by creating art; by camera and brush. 
I heal with my spoken words & written words.
I heal in my garden of joy, by weeding & watering, planting & picking, pruning, inhaling, touching, seeing, and sharing.
I heal by doing mitzvot / good deeds.
I heal by acknowledging my loss, grief, vulnerability, and aloneness.
I heal with memories.
I heal with gratitude.
I heal with humor, at times, dark.
I heal with chocolate, mostly dark.
I heal by 'letting it go'. 
I heal by speaking my truth.
I heal by forgiving others and forgiving myself.
I heal by knowing I am a vessel of joy for G*d.

2.19.2015


From: Yosef <chazon4@netvision.net.il>
To: joy@
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 05:49:38 +0200
Subject: Re: HEALING with Joy

Dear Joy,

Your personal statements about healing contain beauty and wisdom.

In general, you are developing the art of painting with words.

I, too, heal with chocolate; however, only with small amounts, as too much chocolate can create an imbalance in the energy. The media has reported that a number of nutritionists now recommend in "moderation" the dark bittersweet chocolate, as it is supposed to be good for the immune system. By the way, the list of your healing suggestions has a "bittersweet" flavor, so you are therefore in harmony with the nutritionists.

Shabbos, however, is meant to be sweet and not bittersweet, so I want to bless you with a Good and Sweet Shabbos!.
Yosef
(Reb Yosef Ben Shlomo Hakohen, Bayit Vegan, Jerusalem)

P.S. The good news is that there is bittersweet chocolate available with a kosher and pareve label. And when I have some on Shabbos, I find that it is truly sweet.
~ ~ ~


1 comment:

  1. It is all so meaningful, heartfelt, passionate and poignant.
    Kol Hakavod! Yashar Ko'ach!
    love & hugs & blessings,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

HI,
I look forward to hearing from you, and welcome your comments.
BlesSings for health and joy,
JOY